Friday, June 19, 2015

6MMRPC 2.4 - French & Indian War (1)

So, after painting "The Last of the Mohicans" for my Dad for Father's Day , I decided I wanted to paint more FIW, so over the last 4 days I finished up - 


8 Huron Warriors. Sorry for the crappy pic. I gave my Dad his gift two days ago, and he stated that he wanted to play a game with them, so today, he and my youngest brother came down for a game of Muskets & Tomahawks. 

I did not take "in game" pics, due to the majority of the forces being (horror, gasp) unpainted, but I did take this picture of the table before deployment -


As you can see: the Blockhouse isn't painted yet, and I'm very terrain light at the moment. That will be rectified ASAP. I have a ton of plans and ideas for terrain and what not.

The game was excellent, fast paced, though it being only the 2nd time I've played, and Dad and my brothers first time, it took some getting used to. M&T is such a smooth, cinematic rule set, we loved it! We had three armies on the field - ignored the points values. Dad = Huron War Party, Brother = Canadian Militia, and I played the massively outnumbered British light infantry with Mohawk Allies.
I promise once my figures are all painted, I'll post up some proper battle reports.

To show you my WIP at the moment -




Needless to say, playing a game with unpainted figures is a huge motivator!

Also, rushing this morning, I finished off this small pond - 


Slow progress, but progress none the less!

2015 Painted Figures - 83
2015 Finished Terrain - 13
2015 Games Played - 2

5 comments:

  1. Your natives are looking great. I really like the facial paint on mr red face. Interesting mat, where did that come from?

    I expect the blockhouse will paint up quick and look good. I'd love to hear some more about the system next time you get in a game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic. I've got a war party sitting undercoated in a drawer which has been successfully intimidating me for two years. Do you have a particular painting reference you use for war paint and other details?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another positive endorsement for Muskets and Tomahawks - I sure don't need to be buying into a new game but I'm really loving these games with cards in them (Dead Man's Hand, Pulp Alley, Longstreet ). Who am I kidding, I can see this getting bought before the end of this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurons look great! Glad your old man was appreciative of the movie characters.

    I'm excited to see the rest of this bunch get finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you think of the Cigar Box Battle mat? How is the material to play on? How does the durability seem? I'm very tempted to get one. They look lovely.

    ReplyDelete