Tuesday, November 25, 2014

6MMRPC - A Start on WW2 Japanese and ???

Well, you can definitely tell I've been parenting vs hobbying. My son is here for my month with him (that happens every other month), and the Thanksgiving holiday so my hobby time has been limited to maybe an hour or two at night after he's in bed. 

Hence why it's taken me so long to finish this update. But, it's worth it. This post will showcase 12 finished figures, AND, 2 small terrain items!

First up, the beginning of my 1/72 or 20mm plastic Japanese platoon for Chain of Command by the Lardies -


Platoon Leader and Sergeant. (The Japanese titles escape me atm.) 

Next we have a mortar section, the gent with the rifle over his head is the corporal in charge of the section - 


These are a mix of Revell and ESCI Japanese Infantry sets...the quality of the Revell figures is much higher than the ESCI ones, though they were all a pain in the anatomy to clean up mold lines on. I'm happy with the game quality paint job, and look forward to finishing the platoon, and their ANZAC and USMC opponents. My one main concern with this project is the amount of same pose figures there are in each set...may have to do some searching for other manufacturers because as these next three pics show; I need a lot of bloody men - 




Moving on. Ok, so these next figures started painting life way back in late 2011 when I first got back into wargaming, and had hardly any paints. They were meant to be US Long Range Recon Patrol troopers for Vietnam, but I personally thing they're too dark green to match up. Soooo I'll either have to fudge on historical painting accuracy, or, use them as something else. I haven't decided yet. Maybe both.


They're also 1/72 plastic figures...no idea the manufacturer. Terribly detailed. Actually had to hand paint on some of the rucksack straps. 

Lastly, I finished two quick bases for single trees. I'm pretty happy with them and they definitely have some weight to them which should help with preventing the trees from being knocked over by the errant arm sweep - 



Anyways, it feels really good to knock out another 12 figures, and my paint desk is still quite full. My next post will probably be my first finished gang for Across the Dead Earth. 

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Well done that man, not sure when I've ever managed to post twelve miniatures in one hit before - credit to you sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job dude! 1/72 is way too small for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oof, I remember the days of having to switch the lad from his mother's house to mine. Lots of changes indeed.

    Japanese chaps look great - assuming that they are plastic, would cutting them apart to make your own poses be an easy option?

    ReplyDelete